Meet Dr. Frita
Motivational Medical Speaker
Advocating Healthcare Excellence For All
"A DYNAMIC PUBLIC SPEAKER AND MEDICAL EXPERT FOR LARGE AUDIENCES."
Frita McRae Fisher, M.D.
ABOUT DR. FRITA
Dr. Frita is the founder and president of her own nephrology practice (Midtown Atlanta Nephrology, P.C.), and she is the medical director of a non-profit dialysis unit (DCI). Dr. Frita loves taking care of patients and giving medical advice. She now spreads her medical knowledge beyond the confines of her office walls by being a medical expert commentator. Her YouTube channel (Dr.Frita) has over ½ MILLION subscribers, and she has appeared as a medical expert on shows such as HLN Weekend Express, Fox News Live, Roland Martin Unfiltered, 11 Alive News NBC, the Emmy Award Winning Paternity Court, BNC News, PIX11 New York, CBS46, Twin States News, Personal Injury Court, V-103 Radio, Good Day Atlanta, Revolt TV, and The Grio.
Dr. Frita is the recipient of the "2022 100 Black Men of North Metro Atlanta Youth Health and Wellness Image Award". She has been given the honor to co-host the Atlanta Medical Association 2023 Heritage Ball. She was the guest speaker on the ADA (the Americans with Disabilities Act) Live Podcast and a keynote speaker for the Amerigroup Resource Summit and the Atlanta Black Nurses Association.
As an active board member of the National Kidney Foundation since 2014, Dr. Frita was honored in 2018 with NKF The Community Activist Award.
Frita McRae Fisher, M.D. was born in Augusta, Georgia, and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida. She graduated from the Honors Program at Florida State University with a B.S. in Biology. Dr. Frita attended medical school at Meharry Medical College, which she completed with a straight A average earning honors in every clinical rotation.
This well-rounded, personable physician was elected by her peers to serve as Miss Meharry Medical College (public relations liaison), and she still managed to be inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society –the highest honor attainable by a medical student.
Dr. Frita is a published author of Under Pressure - A Guide to Controlling High Blood Pressure. In this step-by-step guide, she breaks down the secrets to managing hypertension. She also has her very own podcast, Healthy Happy Life Podcast. Dr. Frita completed her Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residency at Georgetown University Hospital, and she completed her nephrology fellowship at Emory University School of Medicine. She became triple-board certified (certified in Nephrology, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics).
It is Dr. Frita’s mission to share her medical knowledge in a manner that is easy to understand so that people can live their happiest, healthiest lives.
Let's Get Social
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA)-Highest honor attainable by a medical student
- First Place International Speech Contest Winner Toastmasters Int. Area 54
- First Place Table Topics Speech Contest Winner of Toastmasters Int. Division E
- First Place Winner of Humorous Speech Contest Toastmasters Int. Speaking Club
- 2018 National Kidney Foundation Community Activist of the Year
- Honored in Guide to America’s Top Physicians magazine: Consumers’ Research Of America
APPEARANCES AND EVENTS
- Lauren Lake's Paternity Court Recurrent Guest Medical Expert
- Sister Circle Live Guest Medical Expert (3 guest appearances)
- Featured in People You Need To Know Magazine (Atlanta Edition) "50 Women Making Their Mark In Metro Atlanta"
- GPB (Georgia Public Broadcasting) Kidney Drive Speaker
- Speaker for Shekinah Glory Tabernacle 3-N-1 Growth Conference, Decatur, GA
- National Kidney Foundation Fundraiser Radio Bit wit Maria Boyton, V103.3 FM Atlanta, GA
- National Kidney Foundation Fundraiser Radio Bit with Rashan Ali, Streetz 94.5 FM Atlanta, GA
LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS
Latest YouTube Videos
So honored to be on the panel with T-BOZ and Mr. Mathew Knowles, who shared such valuable medical information related to their personal journeys. This panel was hosted by Munson Steed, who was an excellent moderator. He kept the conversation flowing and created a very warm, informative environment. Watch the full discussion below.
Latest From The Blog
Under Pressure: A Guide to Controlling High Blood Pressure educates people about hypertension and how to take control of their condition. It provides easy-to-follow tips and advice on how to lower blood pressure and prevent complications.
This guide to controlling high blood pressure will help you:
- Learn the true definition of high blood pressure
- Know what the numbers mean
- Find effective ways to manage stress, lower your salt intake, and improve your diet
- Learn easy ways to lower blood pressure naturally
- Find support in dealing with hypertension through effective communication
- Learn some of the latest and most effective treatments and natural remedies for high blood pressure
Written by Frita McRae Fisher, M.D., a medical doctor who has been triple board-certified in Nephrology, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics, "Under Pressure: A Guide to Controlling High Blood Pressure", will educate you about hypertension and how to take control of your blood pressure by making small changes in your lifestyle.